Saturday, March 25, 2017

Breastfeeding and fasting with Shaklee

No worries, readers. I've been there. Twice.

Experience number 1:

When I was nursing my first child, I was determined not to let anything get in my way from nursing him for at least one year.

So when Ramadhan comes, like most nursing mothers, I was worried if I wont be able to produce enough milk for my son.

But with the advice of my mentor, she suggested for me to take ESP and Performance drink during sahur. So I took that and had a plate of rice every morning during sahur.

ESP is supposed to give me the extra energy I need when fasting and nursing while performance drink is to give me the extra hydration to be able to produce milk despite not drinking or eating throughout the day.

True enough, I managed to fast for the whole month of Ramadhan (except for the days that I cant fast because of my period) and I get to bring back home enough milk for my son.

Alhamdulillah, my son was fully breastfeed up until he turned one and more.


Experience number 2:

My second child is a baby girl. Compared to my son, she drinks milk quite little on a daily basis. Hence, my milk supply is already little to begin with if I were to compare when I was nursing my son.

To fast when nursing my daughter, I was extra worried about maintaining my milk supply.

So I had to do a little bit of experiment before Ramadhan to find out what do I need to do to make sure I can sustain my milk supply while fasting.

The other day, I took Shaklee 3 Gems as they call it; ESP, Mealshakes and Performance drink during sahur. Just that. No a plate of rice this time.

Boy was I nervous that.

But, as it turns out, I was nervous for nothing.

Of course my stomach grumbled a bit here and there like every other normal person who's fasting, but I was not weak.

I worked through the day and I didnt feel super hungry nor thirsty.

As for the milk, it was only 10ml shy from the usual 4 bottles that I usually get to bring home for my baby. But to be fair, that was already amazing for me to get because I forgot to take Alfalfa during Sahur that day - the most important milkbooster of all!

I am now fully convinced that the Shaklee 3 Gems can work as my Sahur meal everyday throughout Ramadhan.

Why dont you try it out for yourself?



Ili Syazana
Shaklee distributor USJ Subang Jaya
010-3663173

No comments:

Post a Comment